Measure your lawn area and sketch it onto graph paper. It is then easy to estimate your requirements using the following formulas.
Square or Rectangle
Multiply the width (W) by the length (L).
eg 10m wide x 5.5m long = 55 square metres
Multiply the radius by itself then by 3.14.
eg 4m x 4m x 3.14 = 51 square metres
Multiply the height (H) by the base width (B) and divide by 2.
eg 10m x 8m / 2 = 40 square metres
We recommend you complete the following preparation prior to delivery:
- Spray out any existing weeds or grasses.
- Rotary hoe or spread topsoil to a depth of 100-150mm and remove any stones and lumps of organic matter.
- Rake and level to an even surface – finished soil level should sit 10mm below top of pathways for RTF Tall Fescue, 15-20mm for Couch grasses and 25mm below top of paths for Sir Walter and Kikuyu lawns.
- Spread lawn starter fertiliser (add lime if your soil is acidic)
- Lightly roll or water the area into a firm surface
- Now you are ready to have your instant lawn delivered.